As iconic as it is widely acclaimed, the SuperCap is a Naim classic, capable of powering every preamplifier in our range except for the NAC-N 172 XS and our flagship, the NAC 552. Its substantial toroidal transformer and high-quality smoothing capacitors combine to ensure improved timing, clarity and dynamic range from your favourite music.
Upgraded with our new DR voltage regulator, this timeless component remains one of the most well know and oft-employed power supplies in our range, and for good reason.
- 13 x 24V outputs, 1 x 12V output
- All-new Discrete Regulator (DR) configuration, delivering Naim’s best-ever standards of stable, low-noise power
- Brushed, black-anodised aluminium chassis
Each of the multiple power outputs on the SuperCap uses Naim’s specially designed discrete regulators for optimum performance. The SuperCap can be used to power all of the Naim audio preamplifier (except the NAC 552and NAC-N 172 XS), Superline phono stage and active crossovers, and is the only choice for supplying power to the NAC 252 preamplifier.
Its anti-vibration, resonance-controlling feet complement the elegant new cast and extruded anti-magnetic chassis to protect the sensitive internal components from resonance and microphonic vibration.
The SuperCap was updated in 2012 as a result of a two year project to develop a new discrete regulator (DR) for Naim power supplies. The new Naim DR now features, alongside improvements to the wire routing, mechanical decoupling and internal layout. These enhancements, developed through intensive listening tests, significantly raise performance and make music even more communicative and enjoyable.
A technical white paper on the Naim Discrete Regulator technology is available here.
- Power Outputs ：13 x 24V, 1 x 12V
- Other ：Power-Line
- Mains Supply ：100V, 115V, 230V; 50 or 60Hz
- Dimensions (HxWxD) ：87 x 432 x 314 mm
- Weight ：11.6 kg
- Shipping Dimensions ：240 x 590 x 500 mm
- Shipping Weight ：14.2 kg
- Front ：Brushed and black anodised
- Case ：Black powder coated